This recipe for cinnamon almonds prepared in a crock pot (how easy and awesome is that) is perfect for making your house smell festive and provides for something healthy to nibble on. Super simple with amazing flavor and they definitely disappear quickly so prepare to make more!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups plain almonds
- 1/8 cup water
Here is how you will do it:
- Mix together in a large bowl cinnamon, sugars, and salt
- In another bowl with a whisk, mix together the egg white and vanilla until it is frothy. Add the almonds and coat thoroughly. This will help the mixture stick to the almonds during the cooking process.
- Prepare your slow cooker by spraying it with cooking spray. I used a 4 quart. Add the cinnamon almond mixture to the almonds and turn it to low. Stir until the cinnamon sugar mixture is coated well on the almonds. Be prepared for your house to smell amazing!
- You want to cook for about 3-4 hour and stirring approximately every 20 minutes. In the very last hour, add 1/8 cup water and stir well. This will ensure a crunchy coating and help the mixture to harden.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds onto the sheet to cool. The almonds should be pretty sticky so be sure to separate them the best that you can and let them cool!
Follow us on twitter @ohiolipolaser
Toll Free: 1-844-944-LIPO (5476)
Local: (513) 655-0048Leave a reply